The Impact Network is a formal collaboration between Incubation Centers, Social Entrepreneurship Support Organizations, Universities, Public Sector, International Donors and Investors to accelerate the identification and scaling of critical social innovations. The Network was established on March 1, 2018 and is supported by the PEP Foundation. The Network has been designed with the specific objective of promoting and guiding social innovations that have the potential to solve large national problems.
The Impact Network specifically:
1. Focuses on Education, Health, Water, Agriculture and Energy priority sectors.
2. Builds the Capacity of Social Entrepreneurs through in person and webinar based workshops. Key Capacity Building Areas include:
•Building Evidence Bases
•Understanding Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) Business Models
•Building Partnerships to effectively Scale
•Building Robust Financial Sustainability and Scaling Plans
3. Stimulates the pipeline for social enterprises in the priority sectors through outreach events.
4. Provides critical direct Seed Funding to high potential social enterprises.
5. Builds cross sector collaboration and support mechansims by developing Problem -solution “ communities. Key pieces in building this approach are “sector specific problem briefs” and building open databases of Domain Experts.
In addition, The Impact Network works to bring together the community of stakeholders, practitioners and investors in dialog that dives deeper, and builds collaboration.